Terms & Conditions
Terms and conditions for participants of the Big Colour Challenge from British Triathlon Home Nations, Triathlon England, Triathlon Scotland and Welsh Triathlon
These are the terms and conditions applicable to all participants of the Big Colour Challenge.
Please read these terms and conditions (the “Terms”) carefully to ensure that you understand and agree to them, as they contain the legal terms and conditions that all participants shall be deemed to have agreed to when submitting their application for the Big Colour Challenge. All participants must adhere to these Terms at all times.
Any references to “we”, “us” or “our” shall be taken as references to BTF. Any references to “you” or “your” shall be taken as references to any applicant for the Big Colour Challenge.
- At all times whilst participating in a workout promoted by British Triathlon on the Big Colour Challenge website you should adhere to all instructions given by the deliverer of the workout.
- For all challenges and physical activity that you undertake, it is your responsibility to ensure that you have the correct equipment that is in a good safe working order, take weather conditions and the space around you into account when preparing to take part.
- It is your responsibility that you are sufficiently fit and healthy to participate in all challenges and physical activity. If you are in any doubt, we recommend that you seek medical advice beforehand. Please read our Health Commitment Statement below for further advice.
- If you have not exercised before or for some time, you should consult your doctor before taking part in challenges related to the Big Colour Challenge.
Health Commitment Statement
Your health is your responsibility. British Triathlon are dedicated to helping you take every opportunity to enjoy your participation as part of the Big Colour Challenge. With this is mind, we have carefully considered what we can reasonably expect of each other.
Our commitment to you:
- We will respect your personal decisions and allow you to make your own decisions about what exercise you can carry out. However, we ask you not to exercise beyond what you consider to be your own abilities.
- We will make every reasonable effort to make sure the recommended age and level of activity is communicated in via the Big Colour Challenge website. This will be communicated via the sign-up groups we have offered within the challenge. Please ensure you select a group that you feel best suits your ability, experience, health, and fitness.
Your commitment to us:
- You should not exercise beyond your own abilities. If you know or are concerned that you have a medical condition which might interfere with your safe participation you should seek advice from a relevant medical professional and follow that advice.
- It is the decision of the participant, to determine whether he or she is fit enough to exercise. If the participant is in any doubt, the participant should seek medical advice. It is up to the participant where to seek medical advice.
- If you have a disability, you must follow all reasonable instructions to allow you to complete the Big Colour Challenge safely.
- Whilst the Big Colour Challenge is open to participants of all ages, it is recommended that any children participating in sessions do so in the presence of a responsible adult. If at any point, the challenge is deemed to be unsuitable for children, please terminate the child’s involvement.
- During this period of COVID-19 lockdown, you should only exercise within the government and British Triathlon guidance which is set out here: https://www.britishtriathlon.org/covid-19-faqs
Disclaimer of Warranties and Liability:
To the fullest extent permitted by English law, British Triathlon makes no representations, undertakings or warranties about the Big Colour Challenge, or any content or information provided as a result of being a participant of the campaign. To the fullest extent permitted by English law all representations, warranties and undertakings (express or implied) in respect of the Big Colour Challenge are excluded.
Except in the case of fraud, death or personal injury caused by our negligence or other cases where by law liability cannot be excluded or limited, we exclude all liability to you in respect of your application for the Big Colour Challenge, or any information or other content obtained either directly or indirectly as a result of your participation, howsoever arising, in any circumstances and whether in contract, tort, negligence, misrepresentation or otherwise.
Under no circumstances shall we have any liability for any loss of profit, business opportunity, goodwill, anticipated savings or data, or for any special, indirect, incidental or consequential loss or damages of whatsoever kind resulting from your application for the Big Colour Challenge, or any information or other content obtained either directly or indirectly as a result of your participation, howsoever arising, in any circumstances and whether in contract, tort, negligence, misrepresentation or otherwise.
If you are in any doubt regarding the insurance cover for any physical activity that you are participating in as part of the Big Colour Challenge you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The information on our web pages is provided for convenience as part of the service we offer at this website.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in these pages. British Triathlon shall not at any time, in any circumstances, be held responsible or liable to any party in respect of any loss, damage or costs of any nature arising directly or indirectly from reliance placed on the material in these pages, or any other guidelines or policies issued by British Triathlon. Visitors who rely on this information do so at their own risk.
Similarly, no adverse inference should necessarily be drawn from the fact that any organisation or person or other information has been omitted from these pages, the content of the pages being determined in the sole discretion of British Triathlon.
British Triathlon is not responsible for the content or reliability of linked websites. Listing should not be taken as endorsement of any kind. We cannot guarantee that these links will work all the time and we have no control over availability of pages.
Privacy and Data Protection:
When you use our website, we may sometimes ask for your contact details (name, email address etc), for example, when you sign up to the Big Colour Challenge. We use this information to fulfil your request.
If you submit an enquiry and don't choose to be contacted by us again, then we'll only use your details to provide you with information and content related to the Big Colour Challenge.
If you choose to hear receive news and information in the future from British Triathlon and our partners, then we'll keep your details on file and may send you further information or newsletters that we think you might find interesting.
We don’t and never will sell or pass on any of your details to another organisation for them to use for their own purposes, other than British Triathlon partners listed here: https://www.britishtriathlon.org/about-us/partners
Our full Privacy Statement can be found here: https://www.britishtriathlon.org/about-us/governance/privacy-notice
At all times we'll ensure that we look after your details responsibly - and that any organisations using your information on our behalf do the same.